Visiture is a rapidly growing eCommerce agency headquartered in Charleston, SC with a thriving office in Midtown Atlanta as well. We are looking for an extraordinarily talented individual to join our team. We are seeking someone who craves a challenge and is passionate about increasing conversion rates and increasing revenue. Visiture markets its services to a broad range of online merchants looking to increase their online sales and profitability including Spanx, Just for Men, Title Nine, Mitchell Gold Bob Williams, and more.
Visiture is seeking a Director of Finance who will be accountable for the finance and accounting operations of the company. This will include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. See specifics below. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to come into a rapidly growing company and make an immediate impact. The ideal candidate is someone who has successfully run the accounting/finance function for a thriving service based startup and is eager and ready to take on the next steps as a Director of Finance.
- Use best practices for classifying income and expenses (categories, classes, etc.)
- Identification of Key Metrics to report on
- Interpret the data (financial reports, key metrics) and present to Board on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Connect all bank accounts & credit cards to Quickbooks’ Bank Feed function
- Post expenses and all transactions in bank feed
- Post month-end accrual/journal entries as required
- Assist in the preparation of key financial statements monthly (Profit Loss, Balance Sheet, Key Metric Reporting in Fathom, Budget-to-Actual)
- Perform month-end reconciliations within QuickBooks for all bank accounts, credit cards, lines of credits, and loans
- Sending reports to external/3rd parties
- Enter in invoices and send to clients electronically
- Receive Payments in Quickbooks
- Post Deposits to Bank in QuickBooks and match to bank transactions
- Communicate with customers on open balance and payments to be sent
- Assist in collections process
- Send out customer statements monthly
- Ensure accuracy of open invoices / AR Aged Summary report
- Provide W9/Vendor Information Requests to Clients
- New Customer Setup in Appropriate Systems
Accounts Payable/Bills Vendor Management
- Bill entry in Bill.com
- Pay bills via Bill.com
- Pay credit cards
- Cash-flow balance update & communication
- Communicate with vendors on open balance, payments to be sent, and past due bill communications
- Maintain vendor related documentation (bills, statements, receipts) in Bill.com or Dropbox
- Obtain IRS W9 from all contractors
- Ensure accuracy of open bills / AP Aged Summary report
- Vendor Cleanup/Management
- Registering for payroll accounts in any states necessary
- Setup of new employees in the payroll system
- Obtain all new employee paperwork based on federal & state requirements
- Process payroll
- Process payroll taxes & file corresponding payroll forms
- Respond to payroll tax notices for federal & state agencies
- File year-end tax forms & submit W2s to employees
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years experience of overall combined accounting and finance
- CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger function and month end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Highly competitive compensation package (including 401K, comprehensive health/dental/vision package, paid parking) and opportunity to work for a fast growing digital marketing firm.
- Laid-back office, casual attire. Jeans and a t-shirt always OK, though we have some pretty snappy dressers on this team. The choice is yours.
- A culture we care about deeply. People should be happy in their jobs and lives. There is a balance to strike to achieve this, and we respect it.
- You’ll receive a laptop (MacBook Pro) with appropriate software installed to complete your work.
- Free healthy snacks & drinks.
- Ergonomic desk options from top to bottom.
- Oh, and did we mention the unlimited vacations?
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to: career AT visiture dot com (preferred method) with subject “DIRECTOR OF FINANCE” or submit via Indeed.
Please, no phone calls about this job!